Monday, April 16, 2007
Travel Insurance You Can Understand and Use
I used to be confused by travel insurance. In the past I used to buy travel insurance when it was offered by the tour operators without knowing what I was getting. When I asked a question I was told "its covered".
I had my doubts. It sounded too much like health insurance where everything was covered until you actually submitted a claim. Was travel insurance just like that?
Well actually it is just like that. There are conditions to every insurance, travel insurance is no different. Even for a simple thing like a delay in flights there may be a 6 hour delay factor or a 12 hour delay. I'll bet you assumed that you were covered for shorter delays of like 1 or 2 hours that caused you to miss your flight.
Think again!
The link to travel insurance above will lead you to a single page where you can get an idea of the different limits for each category. Just go to the "issue" you are interested in and compare the limits. Now it's easy to compare them to your own quote from a different source. It also is a VERY good way to ask an intelligent question to see if the person selling you the insurance knows what they are talking about.
I had my doubts. It sounded too much like health insurance where everything was covered until you actually submitted a claim. Was travel insurance just like that?
Well actually it is just like that. There are conditions to every insurance, travel insurance is no different. Even for a simple thing like a delay in flights there may be a 6 hour delay factor or a 12 hour delay. I'll bet you assumed that you were covered for shorter delays of like 1 or 2 hours that caused you to miss your flight.
Think again!
The link to travel insurance above will lead you to a single page where you can get an idea of the different limits for each category. Just go to the "issue" you are interested in and compare the limits. Now it's easy to compare them to your own quote from a different source. It also is a VERY good way to ask an intelligent question to see if the person selling you the insurance knows what they are talking about.